Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The day I discovered my Helping Friend

I was walking down the steep, sharp and abrupt slope with my heels dug deep beneath the ground. My brothers and I were taking the route we took everyday on our way to the Masjid.

That day was different, because it was the day I discovered my Helping Friend. Walking down the slope, by the seaside with the salted air brushing my face; a gust of strong, powerful, and forceful wind pushed my palms towards the Earth beneath me. Meanwhile my brothers were way behind me, walking carelessly unaware of their fragile, delicate, and slightly physically disabled sister on the ground.

I pressed my palms against the ground attempting to raise myself up, despite knowing that I was unable to due to my weaknesses. Nevertheless, I tried again and again, however nothing happened. It was as if the wind was pushing me from behind.

When trying again I heard a lorry driving towards me. In the meantime one of my brothers realized I was on the ground. "Sadiyya!" He shrieked. My brother ran towards me, but I stopped him in fear of the lorry, seeing that the driver seemed unaware that I was on the ground.

By the time both my brothers were aware that I was on the ground, and both had salted tears streaming down their faces. The lorry was 4 seconds away, and out of desperation I whispered a Du'a. "Ya Allah, please help me for I am going to Your House, and you are the One who can give me strength." Just when the lorry turned to the slope I was, I pushed myself up for the last time. The lorry was about to touch my elbow, and before I knew it, the wind, my efforts, the Trust of Allah (SWT) and His help pushed me up on my feet.

"Alhumdulilah," I whispered. Both my brothers whispered the same, while holding my hands tightly.

I continued walking down the steep, sharp and abrupt slope with my heels dug deep beneath the ground. However, this time I was with both my brothers, with a smile brushed on my face, and with a Helping Friend.

1 comment:

Kim the ESL Tutor said...

MASHALLAH!!

ALHAMDULILLAH!!

SUBHANALLAH!!

Praise Allah (SWT) for that!! I'm so glad you were okay.

Love you sis. <333